Sunday 12 October 2014

Vintage Flair Event

Last weekend I had the great pleasure of attending 'Vintage Flair', a local event here in South Wales.  At a community hall near Caerphilly, a group of ladies from the WI (Women's Institute) had put together a vintage fair that included stalls, tea served in proper china, lindyhop demonstrations, fashion shows, makeovers and more.

Vintage Flair



Vintage Flair

Vintage Flair

A nice touch was a range of displays that the ladies had obviously worked hard to put together, and there were even some Victorian costumes displayed on mannequins.

Vintage Flair

Here are some of the highlights from the fashion shows, which ran regularly throughout the day, and emcompassed the whole spectrum of 20th century looks.  Doesn't the lady in white with the muff look like Doris Day in her trouser suit?  And I had to share pictures of the glamorous lady in the bucket hat, and the young lady in that fabulous tulle lilac gown.  Lovely to see all ages, shapes and sizes represented on the catwalk, that doesn't happen often enough.

Vintage Flair

Vintage Flair

Vintage Flair

Vintage Flair

Clothing store Emily Rose Vintage also put on a catwalk show, to highlight their wonderful range of vintage inspired clothing, and some original vintage pieces also.  They stock a lot of Lindybop dresses, which are really affordable, and have also branched out into a men's range recently.

Vintage Flair
The stalls offered a range of clothing, accessories and crafts.

Vintage Flair

Vintage Flair

Vintage Flair

Vintage Flair

It was a super event, and I think everyone involved should feel incredibly proud of their efforts.  Same time next year, I hope?


12 comments:

  1. That tulle dress is really something! I also love the super short flapper style one - she looks fab. This sounds like such a lovely event - I've never heard of anything similar happening in my neck of the woods; you seem to have all the luck! CC x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Events like this aren't advertised widely - I find cultivating a network on Facebook of local vintage shops helps me find things in my area, as well as keeping an eye on flyers in local shops, libraries etc. They can be little gems x

      Delete
  2. That looks like a blast. I especially loved the photos of the fashion show.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them! It was a super day x

      Delete
  3. This looks like such an amazing event. Loving the catwalk - the 20s outfit is my favourite! :)
    Wish I had heard about it as I would have loved to have gone.
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1920s stuff was particularly gorgeous and wearable! I do try and mention local events on my Facebook page - I'm on there as 'Porcelina Precious' if you want to follow me x

      Delete
  4. Love the bucket hats and that outfit with the fur shawl and the lilac tulle gown are really something. So fun that they set up booths to shop and browse through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were some of the standout pieces for me too. And always good to have a browse! X

      Delete
  5. Ahh, that looks like a really good event. Lovely to see all the ladies strutting their stuff in vintage and looking fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They strutted up a storm! Some of them you could have sworn had modelled before, they were full of energy and poise. X

      Delete
  6. AAAH, BROOCH LUST! Did you buy any?

    It looks like a fab event, and as you say it's great to see people of all ages on the catwalk. Vintage for all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some fabulous brooches - but all in the £6-£8 price range, so I didn't buy any as I get mine in the 50p-£2 price range from the car boot sale and charity shops! Found a Coro one in its original box recently for £2, and a 1940s celluloid brooch for £1. Woop!! x

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...