Sunday 17 August 2014

Pale Denim Pencil Skirt & A Leotard!

This outfit was supposed to be 1950's inspired when I started dressing, but somehow, by the end of it, it had lost any sense of that.  I started with the denim pencil skirt, but instead of the retro shirt I'd laid out to go with it, I changed my mind and went with a leotard.  I then chose to leave my hair loose rather than doing the intended quiff, as I was short of time.  And there you go, it's a bit more '80s.  My other half's comment was "like Jane Fonda".  I'll take that as a compliment!

Pale Denim


Pale Denim

So there you go, I'm not wearing anything vintage or vintage inspired.  I had to confess.  And rarely for me, everything I'm wearing was bought new, from proper shops.  I suppose lots of people wear brand new all of the time, but I felt a bit guilty, and perhaps because of this I came home with an extra-large haul from the charity shop - 3 dresses and 4 tops for just £5.  That's more like it.

Pale Denim

Skirt, F&F
Leotard, Jane Norman
Bracelet, local boutique
Hair bow & scarf, Primark
Polkadot trainers, Sainsburys
Bag, competition prize
Sunglasses, vintage Polaroid


Pale Denim

The fabulous bag is by Paquetage, and is a new purchase, with a Zalando voucher I won from a giveaway the lovely Catherine ran over on her blog Not Dressed As Lamb.  Thanks again Catherine!

Pale Denim

Linkups:

15 comments:

  1. Well, I think it's a compromise - an 80s-does-50s look! And very lovely too. I'm the same, if I don't wear anything vintage, I feel a bit odd (yesterday's jumpsuit and denim jacket was a case in point!) but there's very little in my wardrobe that isn't secondhand. Looking forward to seeing what you found in the charity shops.
    PS. Simon is Welsh, brought up in Mumbles, his sister and family have always lived in Swansea. We had a lovely day out in Cardiff last time we all went down to stay, it's a great city! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a timeless look, the body and denim skirt show off your fab figure a treat and those sweet little pumps add cheekiness.
    Go on, show us your chazza finds! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all new but still very lovely. I think maybe a hair scarf might have added a 50s element but without adding much fuss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look from head to toe.
    The Jane Fonda hair do goes perfectly with this outfit.
    I really love the shoes and scarf as well :)

    p.s. there is nothing wrong with buying something new every now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute look! i love the sunglasses :) so retro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit! That denim skirt is seriously adorable and those shoes are just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those polka dot shoes are reminscent of the 50s, love the sunglasses and the outfit looks great on you, the black and denim are a classic!
    from the link up
    please stop by, jess
    http://www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the look of the denim pencil skirt and your sunglasses are perfect :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! I have a vintage dark denim high waisted pencil skirt that I love wearing with flats (and often saddle shoes), too. That combo has such a classic, youthful feel to it and is super ideal for long days on one's feet.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you know, I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing all-new clothes :) and nothing wrong with your outfit here either - and I do think it still has a touch of the 50s with the canvas shoes. And if you look great, as you do, who cares anyway ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pale denim pencil skirt and how you styled it. The sneakers and blue-print scarf look great with it, Porcelina. Take a peek at my skirt today. It has a retro feel to it. I think you'd like it. ;-)

    Have a Great Day!! <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that skirt with the braided pockets...and that backdrop is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your orange bag, it's so different. Zalando have some great pieces. Cute polka dot pumps too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great sunnies! lovely look
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...