Friday 4 July 2014

Giorgio Armani Makeup Bloggers Event

Last week I had the great pleasure of going to a bloggers event at the Giorgio Armani beauty counter at Debenhams in Cardiff's St Davids centre.

Giorgio Armani Makeup

I was excited to try out some more Armani products - I have already tried their 'Eyes to Kill' mascara (excellent - feather-like lashes in a stroke!) and I've previously talked about their wonderful lipstick in a true 1950's red in a video (here).  I've heard nothing but excellent things about their foundations (India Knight in the Sunday Times Style section raved about it, among others), but was keen to see the rest of their range, as they've recently released some 'Eyes to Kill' eyeshadows.



Giorgio Armani Makeup

The staff did a demonstration for us, showing us how to achieve an 'Arabian Princess' look, with a dark, sultry eye and a bold and dark lip.  Most of us agreed that we shy away from dark eye looks, preferring brights or nudes, but I have to say this look had a hint of the 1920s and appealed to me on that level as a slightly more wearable vintage look (I find a true 1920s makeup look is a bit harsh on mere mortals!).

Giorgio Armani Makeup

The products that stood out to me were the 'Smooth silk' eyeliner pencils (£18) which true to their name, don't drag at all on the skin, and come in some fabulous alternatives to black - there's a grey, a blue, a green, a brown, and a purple, but all with a subtlety to them that makes them a good everyday option. We were given samples of the 'Maestro Mediterranea Fusion Blush' (£35) and 'Maestro Fusion Make Up' foundation (£39) to take away - alas, the foundation was far, far too dark for my skin tone, even as a bronzer, but I quite liked the liquid blush. Beware, a little goes a long, long way! I'm wearing it in the pic below, I blended like crazy to get a subtle look but the product is highly pigmented, so easy to achieve a stronger look if you prefer. (I should mention the lipstick is 'Kiss Me Coral' by Revlon)

Giorgio Armani

If you get a chance to walk past an Armani counter, it's well worth having a look at their products - they're fairly pricey, but for quality I think they're fantastic. I also have to mention the wonderful Armani Prive fragrances - do stop and have a sniff if you can. They're arranged logically, by ingredients and style, so you can work your way from light, citrus scents, through to heady, woody and dark ones. You can squirt them out of the bottle, but you're mainly getting topnotes there apparently, so if you pick up the little glass jars on display next to the bottles, you'll get the basenotes, i.e. the smell you'll be left with after a few hours wear. As well as fresh citrus scents (the Vitiver was divine) I quite like those smoky, woody scents and went straight for the Rose D'Arabie. Blimey, I was then told it was £230 a bottle! Apparently it's got gold in it... What can I say, champagne tastes, lemonade pockets!

Giorgio Armani Makeup

Giorgio Armani Makeup

Giorgio Armani Makeup

Have you tried out any Armani makeup products?  What do you think?

A huge thanks to the lovely staff who made the event fun, friendly and informative, and for the goody bags to try out the foundation and blush.  Views are my own.

7 comments:

  1. I've never tried them out - not in a full-makeup way you did so here. I did sniff, and touch.. it's Armani, it's quite expensive over here. We DO have it, but a woman of my incomes can not afford it. Oh, well.. at leaste there is makeup I can afford. :)

    Hug
    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! But £230 for a bottle of perfume - think I nearly had a heart attack there... I've never tried Armani make-up, but I really should! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shade of warm peach-coral lipstick looks seriously wonderful on you!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried out Armani products, they're just way too pricey for me :( I've had to do with cheaper make up and for now they've been well worth their low price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Porcelina! You are always going to such wonderful sounding events! I hope you had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look amazing! What a fun event.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you lucky gal :)
    I use to participate in cosmetics events when I worked with Smashbox - its always a great learning experience.
    Porcelina I wanted to thank you for all your comments on my blog, I read them all and am just finding the time to visit your blog-

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...