Tuesday 20 May 2014

The Scent of a French Spring: Diptyque's Lavender Perfume

I adore Parisienne brand Diptyque, known for their candles and perfumes.  If you're a fan of classic flower fragrances like me, then you'll be pleased to know that Diptyque has added to its Les Eaux Florales range - which already included my all-time favourite, rose - with the release of Eau de Lavande and Geranium Odorata.

I was kindly sent a sample of Eau de Lavande (my nearest John Lewis is woefully understocked where Diptyque is concerned and nowhere else local stocks it!) and I can tell you now, without being swayed by the pretty packaging of a full-size bottle, that this is the best lavender fragrance I have ever tried.

lavande


Lavender, like other classic flowers, has sometimes had a bit of an old-fashioned reputation, being associated with the kind of perfume that our grandmothers would wear.  Now, as a vintage lover, that's not necessarily a problem for me, but I do find that sometimes lavender fragrances I've tried (Crabtree and Evelyn, Marks and Spencer's etc.) are too overpowering, and too 'flat', smelling too similar to the lavender cleaning products I use rather than being a perfume that you'd want on your skin.

Diptyque's fragrance has a depth I've never encountered in a predominantly lavender based perfume before, with fresh top-notes and spicy undertones.  Apparently three different types of lavender have been used in this creation, including Provencal lavender essence, and the spices include cinnamon, nutmeg and coriander.  It is a wonderful, heady scent, and I am sat at my keyboard sniffing my wrist intermittently because it's so beautiful.

If you love lavender, please head off to your local Diptyque stockist now and inhale deeply.  Somehow, Diptyque has created a lavender perfume that is classic and modern at the same time.  My hat off to the alchemist that came up with this potion!

All fragrances in then Les Eaux Florales range are available to buy online at Diptyque's website here.  100ml priced at £65, and a roll-on at £32.  I was sent a sample of the perfume for review, but all views are my own!

15 comments:

  1. I will need to give this perfume a try, thanks for sharing!

    Abby
    www.champagneplans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try it, I'm a huge fan of lavender fragrance!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love lavender, I think you'll ADORE this. The closest you'll get in a bottle to that sense of walking past a lavender bush on a sunlit evening! x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE my Diptyque fragrances!!! I have three! I bought two in Italy and one at L'Eclaireur in Paris. I'm so happy that you have dedicated a post to this incredible brand and not to the more commercial fragrances. Their scents are so different and unique compared to what you can usually find from the big brands. BRAVA!

    http://reasonstodress.com/mustard-jeans-flowy-top-and-a-panamafedora-mix-hat/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo you lucky lady Angela, owning THREE Diptyque scents! I'm converted, I agree that the scents are unique, you can tell that they've used quality ingredients. I am going to have to fork out for a full size bottle now, that's the only problem!! Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  4. I would love to try this sometime! I hear Lavender is good for headaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lavender is very healing, it works wonders on all kinds of ailments! x

      Delete
  5. The perfume sounds divine; I adore lavender, but as you have mostly cleverly pointed out, the scent is rather 'flat' even with an quality essential oil. I hadn't even realized that was the problem, and even better ~ you provide a solution! I am so keen to try this fragrance...


    xox,

    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you get to try it, I'm not just saying it, it's bloody lovely!!! x

      Delete
  6. I love lavender too... I should give this a try sometime! Thanks, Tammy

    http://wildruffle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever come across a bottle, sniff it!! x

      Delete
  7. I love lavender.. it has this calming effect. Even if I don't use lavender scent in my perfume, I use bath foam and oil in that scent.. really great.. I sleep really well after that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does have a calming property, I'm glad it works for you! x

      Delete
  8. Lavender has always been one of my most favorite fragrances. I’ll definitely want to find out of what they say about the soothing effects of the Diptyque ingredients is true or not. Thanks for the review Porcelina!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...