Friday 13 December 2013

The Christmas Tree

It's up!  Following on from my earlier post about the decoration debates with my other half, I am pleased to report that the trimming of the tree was fun, non-confrontational, and we both love the finished result.  In the end, we didn't have any budget left for new decorations so we had to combine what we already had - fortunately we both had mainly red and gold ornaments, so the theme was already there!  We scrabbled around a bit to get enough decorations, I even put a little bird cake decoration on the tree.  I let tinsel be put on, and coloured lights.  I supervised even distribution of ornaments and vetoed which ones could or could not be used.  We drank mulled wine out of tea cups.






The end result is quite traditional, and not at all interior-magazine perfect.  But it's our tree and I love it.

Seems like love trumps tinsel.

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful tree! I love the little birds, you can't beat a traditional, heartfelt tree! They bring back happy childhood memories, stuff the interior magazines! ;) I have nearly finished my decoration attempts, I'll put them up next week, I have a real tree for the first time!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out gorgeously! Leaning heavily on red ornaments has always been one of my favourite approaches to holiday tree decorating.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling! Good to hear it all turned out well!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely, tradition is best really x

    ReplyDelete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...