Friday 8 November 2013

The Sideboard


We did buy the sideboard!  It's a great hulking bit of solid furniture, but we found the perfect spot for it in our hallway.  I've been doing a bit of research and it seems that in the 1930s and 1940s this style was really common, with chunky feet and those kind of handles.  There's something a bit Art Deco about some of the lines, but there's definitely also a nod to a more traditional, almost churchy style.

My favourite bit is the wine drawer!  Which is desperately hard to keep stocked up, where all those bottles go I don't know.

I love it, and it feels right for the house. Not bad for £46, including delivery!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! it fits that space perfectly too, it was meant to be x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gem, it did feel like a serendipitous moment!! x

      Delete
  2. That is a massively fantastic price for such a beautiful, generously sized piece. Excellent find - it's nothing short of gorgeous!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, we are in a sea of these kind of pieces at the moment - I have seen dozens of them around South Wales recently, and only wish I had room for more of them!! Glad you approve x

      Delete
  3. That is beautiful - so sturdy looking, and a bargain price, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie, I love your blog by the way, thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful piece! I love the hint of art deco style :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? My first reaction was it was too enormous, but it seems I underestimated the size of our hallway! x

      Delete
  5. That's stunning! And it fits so nicely into the space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mim, I hope to get the inside finished to show you all soon x

      Delete

Comments from readers make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...